Law's Blog

We were blessed by the arrival of Lawrence Paul Nadig, II ("Law") on March 6, 2005. Watch him grow with us!

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Thomas & Friends Play Day

I know it's hard to believe, but Suffolk does occasionally have exciting events that don't include peanuts. This weekend, the local train museum had two days devoted solely to Thomas the Tank Engine! Mom and I showed up very early on Saturday to be first in line (there was supposed to be a free door prize for the first 25 people, and Mom is super cheap), but when we arrived, there were kids and parents wrapped around the building! Needless to say, we waited until today to check it out.
I had a great time exploring a real life choo-choo. It was actually a caboose, but I was mainly excited about pretending to drive it.

Of course, the Thomas train table was the main attraction. It was great!




I also really liked watching the electric train zoom around the museum. It went through little towns and tunnels, and I could even hear it coming from far away.

Another great thing about the train event, was the special Thomas the Tank Engine cookies. They were frosted with blue icing, and were topped with delicious sprinkles. I attracted an entire crowd when I sat on the bench to enjoy my special afternoon treat. I would be lying if I said neither Mom nor I was covered in blue, sticky goodness.

It wouldn't be fair if I left out the down side of today's trip to the museum. Firstly, I was highly annoyed with Mom's insistence on taking my picture every time I did something. For Pete's sake, everyone knows I can color.

Likely the worst part of the day, was when the head volunteer of the museum made me put on this ridiculous Thomas costume for a picture. It was embarrassing, uncomfortable, and probably very unhygienic. I was so relieved when Mom didn't make me do it. Even she was worried about the possibility of head lice.


Despite the costume mishap and flashing cameras, our trip to the Thomas & Friends Play Day was terrific. I was sad to say goodbye to the choo-choos, but I can't wait to see them again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home