Law's Blog

We were blessed by the arrival of Lawrence Paul Nadig, II ("Law") on March 6, 2005. Watch him grow with us!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Carter's Farm & Pumpkin Patch

This afternoon, Mom and I went to Carter's Farm and Pumpkin Patch. It was a great time! We took a hay ride, chose a pumpkin, and saw lots of farm animals.

The farm animals were my favorite part. I quacked at all of the birds, even the peacocks. Some of the animals quacked back, and some of them didn't.

The goats were very friendly.

They licked my hands, and that made me laugh a lot.

The thing that wasn't so funny to me was the hayride. It made me quite nervous in the beginning, but I was able to relax after a while.

I was fascinated by this enormous "lawnmower". I've never seen one strong enough to haul a flatbed truck and a load of hay and people. Mom said it was a tractor pulling us along, but I think we all know who is more experienced when it comes to machinery.

The pumpkin patch was amazing. I could have roamed around the pumpkins for quite a long time. Regretfully, the lawnmower driver seemed to be in a hurry to get back. Mom and I had a real dilemma about whether or not one is to tip the hay ride driver. If anyone knows etiquette on this one, please pass it along!

I found the perfect pumpkin! It was a little too heavy to carry, but was easy for me to drag.

Did you all know that goats like to eat pumpkins?

I personally wouldn't recommend it, though I've heard they're good in pies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home