Law's Blog

We were blessed by the arrival of Lawrence Paul Nadig, II ("Law") on March 6, 2005. Watch him grow with us!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bruce Lee Wanna Be


I have been working for almost two months in preparation for my first karate tournament. My stomach was so nervous that I could hardly sleep last night. When I arrived, I couldn't believe the number of spectators. It was halfway exciting, and halfway terrifying. Here's a picture of me getting my game face on with my team.






My first event was Kata. I performed Kyung Chung Il Boo. I scored a 7.3 out of possible 10. Here is a picture of me after winning my medal. My mom says I earned it for participation. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure I won.


I won second place in my division for sparring! I was one of the youngest participants, and I had to fight a lot of kids to qualify for the finals. Mom was super proud of me. I am displaying my trophy on my nightstand, and have placed a ring of admiring Weebles around it.







My instructor, Master Curry, was also proud of me. Actually, I think he couldn't believe it. I'm usually so confused and overwhelmed during my karate classes. I might have a hard time paying attention in class, but I definitely understand how to punch and kick opponents. Just ask my preschool teachers.

My friend Anthony and I were so happy when the tournament was over. It was a long day with lots of travel, waiting, and keeping quiet, but it sure was worth it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home